Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Two new shows!!! A solo in Melbourne and a group in NYC..

I have two shows that I really want to tell you about. The first is my new solo show titled Seventy Times Seven opening at Nellie Castan Gallery at 6pm on Thursday 15th September 2011. This show is like a mini survey style show with a selection of works from over the last few years as well as a brand new video piece that I'm excited to show you. Hope you can make it.

Nellie Castan Gallery Link...
Seventy Times Seven Facebook Event Link...

The second is a show that I curated called Saying No which is now on at the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art in Brooklyn, New York City. This show was originally a part of the Melbourne International Arts Festival and was called Nyah-bunyar (Temple) and looks at the way urban Aboriginal people reconcile spirituality.  I also have the same new video piece that is showing in my solo show, exhibited in this show.

I will be heading over the NYC for a month on the 16th September to officially open Saying No and run a public program over there.

Saying No @ MoCADA, NYC Link...

There's lots happening right now and I hope that I see you somewhere out and about.

Bindi x

No comments: